1. Make a list- check it thrice...
Stick to the list people, I repeat- stick to the list. This is where we all get flustered, confused and overwhelmed, don't be a victim.
2. Find out who's naughty or nice...
Do you really need to get everyone a gift, or will a sweet card do? If someone in your life fell onto the naughty list (not in the good way) then don't waste your time or money. You can't please everyone, so stop trying too.
3. Do not go on Pinterest...
You will rearrange your house a million times and then change it back to the way it was. Yes, they have amazing ideas and yes they suck you in- but damn it woman, you can't do it all without needing a brigade of OCD maids and fabulous gay men in your corner (which some of you just might have, but sadly I do not).
4. Do go on Society6 & Redbubble- they also support artists, and you can actually buy unique gifts for everyone on your LIST this year.
5. If you must go out on Black Friday remember...
Everyone else shopping is also crazy like you, sorry- but it's the truth. So when you start complaining about how "insane" it is, and "what is wrong with these people", you are no different. Savage, just saying.
6. Your kids do not need the crap you will buy for them...
They didn't last year, they won't this year and they won't next year. But you will still buy it for them because it's more for them to open...I get it, I do it too :)
Take the time to actually appreciate what you have instead of buying what you don't. If you have one person that loves you, you have everything you need already.
Good luck out there people,